AGAP2 ADHERES TO THE PRINCIPLES OF THE GLOBAL COMPACT
Created in 2000 at the initiative of Kofi Annan, who was then Secretary General of the UN, the Global Compact today brings together more than 8000 companies in 165 countries. The Global Compact is a platform for commitments and collective action to promote stable and inclusive societies. It is currently the world’s biggest sustainable development initiative.
agap2 is committed to the following 10 principles
- Supporting and respecting the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
- Making sure that it is not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Upholding the freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining.
- Contributing to the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
- Contributing to the effective abolition of child labour.
- Contributing to the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Supporting a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- Undertaking initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Encouraging the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Working against corruption in all its forms.
OUR CSR AREAS
Diversity and inclusion
We wish to reflect diversity in all of its component parts. The various nationalities represented are one of the assets of agap2, and we would like to welcome disabled employees in the same way. It would be a shame to exclude talented individuals: we would like to offer equal career opportunities.
Equality between women and men
More than 46 years after the law has been introduced into the principle of “equal pay for work of equal value”, the Professional Equality Index makes it possible to move to a performance obligation with regard to equal pay for women and men, and no longer simply an obligation of means. The decree on the modalities of application and calculation of the Gender Equality Index was published in the Journal Officiel on January 9, 2019. French companies with more than 1,000 employees must measure five indicators and publish their overall score according to the calculation methodology of the equality index between women and men.
agap2 got 87/100 on the gender equality index.
Our activities have an impact on the environment: non-renewable resource use, air and water pollution, waste production and greenhouse gas emissions. We ask that each agap2 employee commits to adopting simple environmentally friendly actions related to his or her activities. With this in mind, we have introduced a company-wide sustainable development charter.
We feel concerned by local issues in all of our locations, whether they are to do with solidarity, the fight against exclusion, sport, culture, health, etc. We encourage our teams to contribute to, or set up, initiatives in these areas. We believe that an effective CSR policy should be deployed on the ground rather than dictated from above.